Jump to content

  • Licença de habitabilidade

    Guest Glória de Carvalho

    Recommended Posts

    Guest Glória de Carvalho

    Good Day. We may be selling the house that we inherited from our mother recently. Our father built the house himself in 1962. We're getting different opinions as to whether we will need to obtain an "occupancy licence" (licença de habitabilidade). I have read several online articles, including one that states that such a licence is compulsory, should the buyer require finance to purchase the property, that the ducument is requested from the Câmara and that it costs around 450 Euros. 
    My first attempt to find out from Câmara whether our house does have an existing licence was unsuccessful. I was told they need the name of the architect and contractor who built the house. (In our case, it was our father who did everything and his name does not appear on the Câmara register of builders....)
    Electricity and Sewerage system Certificates are apparently also a must.
    Has anyone had this kind of experience, how was it resolved, and are you prepared to share?? 
    Thank you.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    • Create New...